Monday, July 23, 2007

Beginning of the Rowlison Family Blog

The 2007 Rowlison Family Reunion in Kewanee, Illinois was held on July 20-21, 2007 with 55 in attendance. This was my first reunion since earlier Walton picnics in Nebraska before we moved to California in 1984. I was impressed with the interest in maintaining connections with family members in our dispersed locations and in preserving the memories of our grandparents, great grandparents and more distant ancestors.

My mother, Mildred Johnson, nee Cassell, etc., had a hand in developing the little brown book of descendants of Isaiah Walton and Eliza Hall in the 1950's. I inherited her collection of notes and correspondence and even a healthy dose of her genealogical interest. My genealogy file has grown to include my father's family, Rita's lineage as well as several families of our grand children's other "sides". But none of these other families approach that of the Walton's in scope and depth.

There was enough interest in the subject to prompt me to initiate this blog as a candidate medium to continue the conversation with those who attended the Kewanee festivities, those who missed the party or whoever.

So, here we go....

Jerry Johnson
July 23, 2007

1 comment:

Robert H. said...

Jerry, My Mother was a Goesch, Edna sister of Evelyn, Winnie, and sister to Gary and Percy.
Our son had googled his great grandmother's name Pearl Goesch and up pops your blog with the pictures of Grandmother and Grandad, ("Fritz") Goesch, Et al!

My dad, Henry Karl Spielman, was born and raised in Sutton (1910), Did you know of the Heinze's, Martha was my aunt and she had the girls, Marion, Ruth, Grace, and for the life of me I can't remember the others right off hand! Marion married Ervin Johnson, and Ruth married Dwight Nuss. There are still cousins abounding in Nebraska, as far as I know.
My cousin Rod Ulibarri, Evelyn's son, is quite into the families geneology, and has brought me up to date. Our cousin , Gayle Walton Fuller, lives "Just down the Road",(Wilsonville,OR). from us here in Fairview, OR.
please keep in touch, Jerry....
Bob Spielman